Are You a Candidate for Vision Correction Surgery?
Over 90 percent of all refractive errors are suitable
Over 90 percent of all people with refractive errors are suitable for eye laser procedures such as SMILE or Femto-LASIK.
LASIK is the most widely used refractive procedure and can correct nearsightedness up to -8 dpt, farsightedness up to +4 dpt and astigmatism up to 5 dpt.
For patients with higher refractive errors, other procedures such as phakic lens implants, refractive lens exchange or a combination of procedures are available.
Ensuring a successful treatment
To ensure successful treatment, all surgical vision correction patients must meet the following criteria:
- Stable refractive error for the last few years (no change in prescription)
- 18 years or older
- No vision disorders (such as cataract or glaucoma)
- No medication that affects healing of the cornea
- Treatment during pregnancy and while breastfeeding is not recommended.
- If you suffer from allergies, the surgery should be performed during an allergy-free interval.